Recommendation and Endorsement Letter Writers: Click Here
MEnTorEd Opportunities in Research (METEOR), is a postdoctoral fellowship program sponsored by MIT CSAIL to support exceptional researchers in computer science and artificial intelligence and to broaden participation in the field. Fellows conduct cutting-edge research as part of a vibrant community and are hosted by research groups with synergistic scientific interests.
The goal of METEOR is to enable outstanding individuals to do research in the lab and prepare for careers in academia or industry. The program also features in-depth opportunities for mentorship from researchers in both CSAIL and industry. Postdoctoral researchers selected are awarded a one-year funded appointment (renewable for a second year.) This is a multi-year program, which is hoped to grow and broaden beyond CSAIL.
Participants have the opportunity to attend seminars and receive training on the application process for academic and industrial careers. They participate in group activities with their cohort and the larger lab. There are multiple positions available at this time, and postdoctoral fellows are paired with CSAIL PI mentors.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) or DACA recipients and meet one or more of the following criteria:
1. Member of an ethnic or racial group historically underrepresented in graduate education at MIT (Black/African American, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian or other Native Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latinx)
2. Being of a gender or orientation identity historically underrepresented in computer science and artificial intelligence
including women, trans of any gender, or non-binary.
3. A scholar participating in a fellowship or academic support program vetted by MIT (CSAIL will verify an applicant's status while pursuing a doctoral degree at a U.S. institution)
4. First-generation college students who were the first in their families to graduate from a four-year college or university.
5. Experiences overcoming significant challenges in their path toward graduate school. Examples include but are not limited to...
* Managing a disability
* Veteran status
* Single parent
* Holding DACA status
* Financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances
To start your application, please click on the REGISTER link below.
Acceptance decisions will be made in February, with the first postdocs starting September 1 - December 15, 2023.
The founding sponsors of the METEOR fellowship program include Accenture, Google and JPMorgan Chase.
For questions related to this search, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.