Recommendation and Endorsement Letter Writers: Click Here
Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Assistant position for the
MIT-Shell-Draper Lab research project
"Applications of compressive sensing and sparse structure exploitation in
hydrocarbon reservoir exploration and surveillance"
The goal of the project is to develop novel compressive sensing algorithms for
geoscience problems in the area of hydrocarbon field exploration and
surveillance. The appointment is initially for one-year, with the possibility
of renewal for up to 3 years. The appointment should start either during the
summer (the preferred option) or the fall of 2012.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise on and contribute to the development of compressive sensing
and sparse recovery algorithms for geoscience applications
- Help MIT faculty in coordination of research projects, including periodic
reporting and documentation as required by the program timeline
- Frequent travel to Shell facilities in Houston
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related
- Expertise in sparse recovery, compressive sensing, streaming/sketching,
machine learning and statistical inference algorithms
- Experience and/or interest in research projects of interdisciplinary nature
- Programming experience (MATLAB)
Applications (including CV and three reference letters) should be submitted at
this website, ideally by April 15, 2012. However, applications will be considered until the
position is filled.
Questions?For questions related to this search, please contact email@example.com.
Please contact Search-Master@postdoc.csail.mit.edu
|M.I.T. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.|